We all have a habit of looking at pictures in our cameras and deleting the ones we don’t wish to keep. Delete operation involves performing write operations on the SD card multiple times. Cameras are not good at managing data, hence such write operations from the camera can cause the card to become corrupt, leading to data loss. In other cases, accidentally hitting Delete All button can also result in data loss.
Now, if you have encountered a data loss situation and looking for ways to recover lost data, look nowhere! You are in the right place. Remo Recover is designed to retrieve deleted/lost data from SD cards in cameras. The software can also be used if you’re wondering How to retrieve permanently deleted pictures from your system? Or How to recover pictures deleted from the recycle bin?
Key features of Remo Recover
In addition to SD cards, Remo Recover can also be used to retrieve data from internal & external hard drives, USB’s and other storage devices. Common photo formats like .JPG, .PNG, .GIF etc. are supported. The tool also supports recovery of RAW images captured in professional DSLR cameras. With Remo Software, you can also recover photos by specific date.
Interesting features of Remo Recover are Preview & Save Recovery feature. Preview option which allows a free preview of recovered files before you save your files and Save Recovery Session using allows you to save and resume recovery process anytime you wish.
Guide to recover deleted photos & videos from camera
Remo Recover is a simple to use tool and data can be recovered in a few steps:
- Download and install Remo Recover software on your system
- Connect the SD card to your system
- Run the software and select Recover Photos
- Then choose ‘Recover Lost photos’ or ‘Recover deleted photos’ depending on your data loss scenario
- Select the drive from which your photos were deleted
- If you know the file types you wish to recover, select them or select Skip to recover all files
- The tools scans the drive and displays a list of recovered files
- Choose the file/s you wish to save
Note: The demo version of the software allows you to preview the recovered file. In order to save your file, you need to purchase a licensed version of the software.
Precautions you can take to avoid data loss
- Please do not delete pictures using your camera as cameras are not meant to manage data on memory cards. Always make it a point to transfer data to your computer and then delete pictures. This will prevent the memory card from getting corrupt and avoid data loss situations.
- Suppose you have lost data on your camera, it is best to avoid using the camera until files have been recovered. Using your camera/taking new pictures after data loss will overwrite data and cause permanent deletion.